[Asterisk-Users] CAPI not installed

A. Peverelli fghg8d702 at sneakemail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:50:25 MST 2005

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde-at-theinternet.de |Asterisk/Maestro| wrote:

> A. Peverelli wrote:
>

>> I own a ME600 EPIA Mini-ITX main board with  the latest Debian distro
>> (kernel 2.6.8) with isdnutils-base, libcapi20-dev, libcapi20-2,
>> isdnactivecards installed. I have a QuadBRI module by Junghanns with
>> bristuff-0.2.0-RC3a (with asterisk-1.0.3, zaptel-1.0.3 and
>> libpri-1.0.3), and chan_capi-0.3.5. I followed all INSTALL
>> instructions, but I have some strange behaviour. All modules seems to
>> be correctly installed and actives, but on /dev I find only capi20.
>> Anyway, starting Asterisk, I recevive a 'CAPI not installed!'  error
>> on chan_capi load and I can't find why. Anyone has some idea?
>

> quadBRI <> CAPI!!!
>
> The quadbri cards do not use/support CAPI. If you don't have another
> CAPI capable device in your system you can't/shouldn't use CAPI (I
> guess you could use CAPI via mISDN, but what is the point?)

Thank-you very much!
Your answer made me understand many things!
So... the point is that I have a Linux application CAPI speaking and I
would like to connect it with Asterisk. Another goal is to connect
Asterisk with an ISDN PBX, so I thought that I may do both things at
once. Now I think that I have to change some architectural parameter...
If someone has any suggestion on that, I will really appreciate it.