[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Caller ID on PRI

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Tue Feb 15 02:53:21 MST 2005

On 15 Feb 2005, at 05:44, Rod Bacon wrote:

> Some more info on my problem that someone may be able to explain.
>
> The debug information (shown below), lists the LENGTH of the CallerID
> string
> as 14 characters, even though I'm only sending 10. I belive that this
> is the
> problem. My telco's equipment is looking for 10 characters only. Any
> ideas
> where these extra 4 characters are coming from?
>

>> Calling Number (len=14) [ Ext: 0  TON: National Number (2)  NPI:
> ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
>> Presentation: Presentation permitted, user number passed network
>> screening
> (1) '0386172169'

I think the 'extra' bytes are part of the data structure, and
perfectly normal.
I'm basing this remark on a very quick look at the source code.

in dump_called_party_number() in llibpri/q931.c it says:

q931_get_number(cnum, sizeof(cnum), ie->data + 1, len - 3);

Which looks like the first byte and the last 3 bytes are protocol
surrounding the actual number.

My best advice is to call your PTT and ask them how many digits
they expect you to send, I am guessing they only expect the
last 2, but only they know for sure.

If I get the time I'll do a debug on my E1 PRI span later today and
send you the results.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/