[Asterisk-Users] Which IP phone to use in Australia

Mon Feb 14 23:43:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 17:13 +1100, Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I am in Australia and I have to setup Asterisk in few offices. There will be IP phones in each office and I must be able to call between offices.
>
> I need actual handsets. I need "standard" handsets to be used by people. Those must support features like CID, call forward, etc. --- your normal office feature set.
> Also I need some sort of more complex handset to be used by receptionist.
>
> The main problem is that I am in Australia and I need to get phones that can be sourced in Australia. (correct power supplies, certified for australia, etc..)
>
> I did look at supported h/w list and I am going to go through all of those companies, but I have no idea on how good/bad those phones are. I really need some advise here.

Personally, I quite like the polycom phones such as the IP300 and IP600
I've never really bothered with the IP500...

They are pretty good as far as admin functionality (control based on FTP
files) as well as very functional (user side) and very good quality (low
fail rate, look/feel good, excellent audio, etc)

There are a few issues I have with them though, the main one being that
I can't disable call waiting on the phone. There are workarounds for
this though (in asterisk dialplan).

Just my 0.02c worth.

Regards,
Adam