[Asterisk-Users] FW: SER Asterisk Voicemail

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Feb 14 15:39:41 MST 2005

Aisling O'Driscoll wrote:
> Any more ideas on my below mail? If a user is registered with SER and
> leaves a voicemail message with asterisk (by using rewritehostport
> etc in ser.cfg), then how is the user supposed to listen to the
> message afterwards? Is there any other way other than the MWI method??

Just forward 800 at domain to the Asterisk box.

You would also have had to create a voicemail user (but you probably
already have this if people are leaving messages).

Then, when people send 800 to SER, it sends the call to Asterisk.

You create a line exten=>800,1,VoiceMailMain

and when they dial it they will be asked for their account number and
password.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell