[Asterisk-Users] Is there a Caller ID issue in the latest CVSStable

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Mon Feb 14 15:16:01 MST 2005

C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I your case the problem is with the grandstream, the GS will not
> display callerID correctly, take out the name from the callerid string
> like this:
> exten => ${EXTEN},PRI,SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNUM})

Actually, Tony Mountifield pointed out that the problem is a bug in CVS
stable:

   http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003557

(Thanks, Tony!)

With this bug fixed, the Grandstream phones work fine even with the
caller ID name present. They don't display the name, but they do display
the number properly. The problem I was mentioning made it not even
display the number correctly, on any SIP phone.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies    http://www.tigertech.net/