[Asterisk-Users] Linphone / Kphone

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 14 13:29:22 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 14:22 -0500, Dana Olson wrote:

> Do you have this documented somewhere? Is this for the Linux Xlite and
> SJphone only, or the Win32 ones as well?

We're talking Linux currently, don't know about Windows. Documented?
On the cornfed website it's specifically mentioned, with affirmation
that it's not meant to be spyware. XLite Linux is still beta, so one
might argue that's currently for debugging, which is OK. It'll be
interesting to see whether it's turned off in the production version.
SJPhone sent unwanted traffic the last time I checked some months ago,
but the version I currently have (SJphoneLNX-256b) seems to be clean.
So correction on this point.

Generally, running tcpdump or watching your firewall log should tell
you what your apps are doing. The data I've seen being sent has
always been sufficiently general/anonymous to not feel paranoid
about it, so I sure didn't want to raise an alarm. Regard it rather
as a matter of taste, if you will.

Regards, Bruno.