[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing analog problems and questions with quicknet cards

Hayden Myers hayden at compaq.skyline.net
Mon Feb 14 12:40:49 MST 2005

I've been fighting this for a while and have come back to the list with
some of my configuration information.  I have a quicknet internet linejack
card and have been thus far unsuccessful at placing outbound calls over
the analog phone line.  I can receive calls through the line jack and
route them through sip phones but can't get out through the linejack.
I'm under the impression that you can only do one or the other with one of
these cards, however I've yet to accomplish dialing out on an analog line.

My phone.conf is below

[interfaces]
mode=immediate
;mode=dialtone
;mode=fxo
mode=fxs
context=default
format=slinear
txgain=100%
rxgain=1.0
device = /dev/phone0

from what I've read, fxo is for receiving while fxs is for sending analog.
>From my testing, changing this doesn't seem to make a difference in the
phone.conf

My extensions.conf file is below. I'm definately confused on what
LOCALTRUNK should be defined as.  Phone calls coming in over the linejack
card are on the channel Phone/phone0.  I'm assuming the same is true if
I'm using that card for dialing out instead.

[globals]

LOCALTRUNK=Phone/phone0

[hayden]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/paul,20,tr)
exten => s,2,NoOp(${CALLERID})

include => outgoing

[outgoing]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(${LOCALTRUNK}/${EXTEN})

I've read a lot of the documentation and have tried to focus more on
channel configuration today.  I'm confused about the zapata and
zaptel.conf files.  I'm under the impression that they're for using the
zaptel cards and not the linejack cards.  Do I need to have either of
these files?

I've been at this for quite a while, and it's safe to say I'm pretty stuck
with my current hardware setup.  Any insight is much appreciated as I'd
love to be able to pick up my work phone from the house and make calls
through it from my house as well.

Hayden Myers