[Asterisk-Users] Linphone / Kphone

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 14 12:01:18 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 10:47 -0700, Kyle Hagan wrote:

> I used to use kphone and have very bad echo, I switched to sjphone and
> it worked great.

It isn't too bad, but it has latency (compare it e.g. to asterisk as
softphone and you'll see what I mean) and no dial pad. So I found it
isn't really satisfying either.

Another point to note is that seemingly all closed source softphones
(SJ, XLite beta and also cornfed) make connections to web servers
and transmit platform/call information. Don't know how you think about
that, but for me that's behavior I'd like to avoid if ever possible.

Regards, Bruno.