[Asterisk-Users] ztmonitor SOLVED

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Mon Feb 14 09:25:54 MST 2005

Sorry issue solved.

	I had to RTFM better.... I just needed to increase the gain
higher.... my magic number ended up being 15.5

Sorry to bug 8000 ppl.

~ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Hartmann [mailto:RHartmann at nnamtraH.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 11:18 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] ztmonitor

Good day list,

	I am feeling extra stupid this Monday morning and am hoping
someone can come to the rescue.

	I am trying to use the ztmonitor utility on my wildfire 4 FXO
card.  and have read the following from the wiki.

*********Wiki start********

If you set this to yes, use ztmonitor to adjust the rxgain and txgain.
Ztmonitor isn't installed by default; but it is included with the Zaptel
source code, so look in /usr/src/zaptel. Use ztmonitor like this:

 ./ztmonitor 1 -v
 Rx ##################################Tx

Place a call, let the remote party talk, then adjust them until they
sound better.

For example, try this setting in zapata.conf:

 rxgain=10.5
 txgain=-4.5

Note: If you set the txgain value too low, your outbound calls may not
go thorugh since the DTMF tones are too quiet to be picked up.

***********Wiki End**************

if I use
txgain=0;
rxgain=-;
this I get the following:

Visual Audio Levels.
--------------------
 Use zapata.conf file to adjust the gains if needed.

( # = Audio Level  * = Max Audio Hit )
<----------------(RX)---------------->
<----------------(TX)---------------->
 ##*                                    #########*

Then I

Edit /etc/asterisk/Zapata.conf
if I use
txgain=0;
rxgain=7.5;
this I get the following:

Visual Audio Levels.
--------------------
 Use zapata.conf file to adjust the gains if needed.

( # = Audio Level  * = Max Audio Hit )

I get basically the same thing

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something

Oh yeah , I tell asterisk to restart after editing the Zapata.conf file.

Thanks

ron