[Asterisk-Users] Linphone / Kphone

Johan Van Puymbrouck jvanpuym at skynet.be
Mon Feb 14 04:34:51 MST 2005

Darren Ellis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have * working with X-Lite and Sipura adapters, but I have one
> person who is linux based, and is trying to use Linphone and Kphone.
> His end works, but I get very bad echo on my end.  Have any of you
> folks been able to get linux based soft phones working well with *?

If you get bad echo on your end, this is prolly acoustic echo (speaker
feeding back into the mike) from his side.  Try having him use a
headset/mike combo or something and make another test.  You'll see it
will work much better...  In general with softphones, you don't want to
use the built-in microphone/speakers on any pc, unless you put the
volume so low it won't feed the microphone again.
The echo you experience, is your voice going out his speaker, feeding
into his microphone again and then coming back to you.  That's why it's
only experienced at one side.
Johan