[Asterisk-Users] ATA's

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Mon Feb 14 03:45:10 MST 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 10:39:36AM -0800, Luki wrote:
> The Sipuras have a ton of configurable parameters. If you understand
> them (and there is no good manual, unfortunately) then you can be of
> great benefit. Otherwise they'll be worthless. I particularly miss the
> dial-plan, distinctive ring and audio gain options on the
> Grandstreams. Remote syslog can also be useful for debugging. It all
> depends what you need, I guess.
>
> Further, the Sipuras have a more detailed status, that is accessible
> WHILE you are engaged in a conversation.
>
> I think you're paying a bit more for the 1000 (1 line version) as
> compared to the Grandstream 286, but if you need/want two independent
> lines, then the Spa 2000 is more economical (as Peter said).

The Sipuras are really a dream to manage, particularly in an
international environment. You can customize the tones, the rings, the
voltages, the dialplan, the features... well, everything.

They are (securely) remote manageable and upgradeable. They are rock
solid. Sipura support is helpful in case you need them for complex
issues. Voice quality is top notch.

The Grandstreams are less manageable, have less parameters, have only
american tones, no dialplan support, no auto-upgrade (well, they
recently added some kind of support). Voice quality is OK.

--
Nicolas Bougues