[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sangoma A102 cards testing

Durval Menezes durval at tmp.com.br
Mon Feb 14 01:05:21 MST 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:36:45 +0100, Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:
On 21:47, Sun 13 Feb 05, Vikram Rangnekar wrote:
>> +++ Michael Devenijn [13/02/05 18:23 +0100]:
>> Actually I am using a supermicro board the P4SCI wonder if I can turn off
>> hyperthreading i dont think there is a bio option i'm running kernel 2.4.29
>> does it use hyperthreading and can i turn it off ?
>
>Kernel 2.4 does not have HT support.

I beg to differ. Since at least kernel 2.4.26 (probably earlier)
the standard Linux kernel does support HT and turns it on by default,
as long as it's compiled with CONFIG_MPENTIUM4=y; I am sure because I
have a machine running this way right now.

>You can check by running: cat /proc/cpuinfo
>It will list info for CPU 0 only.

It's OK to check for HT this way: /proc/cpuinfo will report two cpu's
for every ht-enabled processor you have on board.

If it's indeed running with HT and you need to disable it, try "noht" on
the kernel boot line; if your kernel doesn't support it, you will need
to recompile it with CONFIG_M686 instead of CONFIG_MPENTIUM4.

As this is way off-topic, if you have further questions please fell free
to email me directly, it will be a pleasure to help.

Best Regards,
--
   Durval Menezes (durval AT tmp DOT com DOT br, http://www.tmp.com.br/)