[Asterisk-Users] OT: Aastra 390 - weird problem

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Sun Feb 13 23:18:15 MST 2005

Hi All,

I have a weird question regarding my Aastra 390 Analogue Phone.

Yesterday, I upgraded to the latest cvs (from feb 10th to the 13th).

This is when problems began. Now, I realize this probably has absolutely
nothing to do with CVS, but thought I should mention anyhow. I also
tried downgrading to known working version, and no avail.

My problem is as follows - the phone's digits don't get recognized with
it's plugged into the wall. Meaning, when the phone is actually plugged
in and receiving power, when I lift the handset and try to dial a
number, nothing seems to 'get sent' to the asterisk server, after
my timeout asterisk obviously times out.

If I unplug the phone from the power source, and use it as a regular non
powered phone (and lose all my ADSI) it works fine.

It can receive calls both when receiving power, and when not receiving
power. It can make calls only when not receiving power from the wall. I
tried unplugging it for a good 10-15 minutes to make sure
it was off for sufficient time, but still didn't make a difference.

I have tried resetting to factory default - no luck. I have tried
switching the power outlets on the wall, no difference.

I realize this isn't really asterisk related but it's just damn weird,
anyone have any ideas before I beg radioshack for a return? I've only
had the phone for about 3 months so don't see how it could die already.

TIA,
Matt

--
Matt Gibson