[Asterisk-Users] TDM-400P Sound Quality issues

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Sun Feb 13 19:09:45 MST 2005

> Pure guess... you're probably bumping into some of the same issues
> that many of us TDM users are hitting. Seems like either an interrupt
> handling (latency) or pci bus issue. You'll find hundreds of postings
> relative to this over the last six months or so. Not everyone has
> problems with the TDM, but some have found that swapping motherboards
> does clear up the issue.

I did a bunch of searching through the list, found lots of messages
regarding misc. TDM400p problems, but none that sounded like the issue I'm
seeing.  Can anyone point me to any discussions regarding this?

The thing that I find so odd about it is that the sound quality only
degrades on the zap channel when I'm connecting from a *remote* SIP client,
but on local network the zap channel sounds fine (see description below).

I'm willing to get  a different MB if that's really the fix, but I'd hate to
go through the work and $$ to make that happen only to find that the problem
doesn't go away...

Paul