[Asterisk-Users] soho fax suggestions?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 13 17:50:11 MST 2005

> > For planning purposes, is it appropriate to think in terms of
> > purchasing
> > a t38 capable box even if its not supported by * today? (I'm well aware
> > of the bounty and Steve's work.)
>
> That's what I would do. In fact, I already have T.38 capable VOIP
> adapter (an Azatel 200) for my current fax machine but plan to upgrade
> that box to a Sipura 2100.
>

> > If now is the time to purchase a t38 capable fax machine, anyone have
> > any suggestions on a low-volume soho-sized box?
> >

> I don't think there is such a thing as a T38 capable fax machine. T38
> is for faxing over VOIP and I have yet to see a fax machine with a
> built-in network port so it can connect directly to the Internet...if
> you know what I mean.

Well, I did find Okifax, Ricoh and Konica "say" they have it based on
the web stuff. Don't have a clue whether they have delivered or even
if it works.

> FWIW, I have had absolutely zero problems receiving faxes over VOIP,
> via Asterisk, using Voicepulse Connect, IAX trunking, and g.711. My
> problems for faxing are all related to outbound faxing (using the same
> Voicepulse setup or Sixtel iax.cc). Not sure why outbound is giving me
> problems when inbound isn't giving me any. <shrug>  Of course I need to
> fax outbound more often than I need to receive inbound!

Can't offer any clue on the above either. Based on Steve Underwood's
comments earlier (relative to outbound fax now fails on the TDM when
it was working earlier), it would almost sound like a timing issue of
some sort that is associated with calls initiated within *.