[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk+GNOMEMeeting=No Sound.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 13 08:57:19 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 04:46 +0100, Andres Gómez García wrote:

> I've tried GNOMEMeeting also. It works fine with a P2P client
> connections (ALSA works fine) but, even when I success connecting to an
> asterisk server, I haven't hear anything. I mean, I don't hear the demo
> successfull messages. I've looking the GNOMEMeeting logs and it says
> that it closes the sound channel as soon as it connects to the asterisk
> server. This is my h323.conf file:

Had the same issue with Debian Sarge. I didn't actually investigate it,
but I strongly suspect the openh323/pwlib packages don't work with the
asterisk-h323 package. The H323 README specifically says btw to don't
use the packages of the distribution but rather the versions recommended
there. I finally decided to compile * 1.0.5 from scratch, as well as
use chan_oh323 instead of chan_h323, and all works well now.

As to the linphone problems, don't know, it should work. If not, it'd
be  rather a linphone issue.

As to an IAX phone, the only choice on linux currently seems to be
iaxcomm/iaxclient. For me, it's not really usable because of latency
issues, but to test the * installation it'll suffice anyway.

Regards, Bruno.