[Asterisk-Users] Is there a Caller ID issue in the latest CVSStable

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 12 21:49:14 MST 2005

I honestly can't understand what all the confusion is about.

There are two versions of Asterisk, CVS-Head and Stable.  Head has no
version numbers, it seems to be delineated by date.

If you download cvs v1-0 then you will always get the current release of
stable whether it be 1.0.5, 1.0.6. or whatever.  Quite simple, you don't
need to know what version the current stable is, you just get cvs v1-0.  If
however you need a specific release, then specify it like v1-0-3 or v1-0-5.
Having said that, they should have gone to v1-0-6 when the app_dial.c was
reverted to correct the callerid issues as there are now two revisions of
v1-0-5, one with broken callerid and the current one without.

Maybe you are thinking along the lines of a Debian type system where they
have three states - CVS, feature freeze/release candidate and stable?

Craig