[Asterisk-Users] Intermediary jitter buffering

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Sat Feb 12 19:10:35 MST 2005

Hello,

	I understand that only the destination of a call should do jitter
buffering. So, if IAX2/PhoneA calls IAX2/PhoneB through my server (no
transfers), PhoneA and PhoneB need to perform their own jitter buffering,
and Asterisk will just forward the frames, correct?

	What happens if the peer does not support jitter buffering, but is
close by so there's no need for jitter buffering? My situation is that I
have an Asterisk machine right in front of our provider's systems (same
switch, < 1ms latency). If they don't have jitter buffering, how can I force
my Asterisk machine to jitter buffer calls from my users to them?

Thanks,
-Michael