[Asterisk-Users] Why echo occurs

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Sat Feb 12 03:50:14 MST 2005

<quote who="Steve Underwood">
> Can you show me an ad for an IP phone which doesn't say it includes an
> echo canceller? A real phone, I mean. Not some thrown together half
> baked softphone, many of which do a very poor job.

I haven't once talked about soft phones.  I don't use them.  I am
talking about hardphones that talk SIP.

Take the grandstream phones.  Put them back to back, and I gaurentee
you will never hear echo, unless you are in the same room.  Then you
can put the handsets together and get all the screech you want.

I have not found anywhere that is says it has an echo canceler.

> Who introduced a loop into the discussion?

I did.  Because acoustic spill would most likely cause a loop.

Why do I get the feeling you are trolling?  You are the only
one that brought up acoustic spill.  Which, by the way, is
usualy controled by directional mics and adjusted gains.

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP