[Asterisk-Users] Meetme

David Uzzell asterisk-list at uzzell.com.au
Sat Feb 12 03:04:50 MST 2005

Nitesh Divecha wrote:
> Hey All,
>

> Just finished installing Asterisk and configured all the necessary
> parameters to start.
>
> I can’t seem to find the Meetme application in my asterisk directory.
>

> I downloaded asterisk from CVS and installed it and all my Snom phones
> are working and voicemail too.
>

> I am getting error: -
>
> Feb 11 17:10:19 WARNING[13042]: pbx.c:1280 pbx_extension_helper: No
> application 'Meetme' for extension (sip, 5557, 1)
>
>   == Spawn extension (sip, 5557, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/phone1-f88d'
>

> Do I need zaptel to be installed?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe

Please observe

     * The MeetMe application needs a timer to work. There are different
ways to get the timer to work, but it won't work by default if you
haven't got a Digium Zaptel hardware interface card installed. At this
time only zaptel devices may be used. If you do not have a Zaptel device
see the ztdummy instructions for timing.

Your problem could be different but that answers you Question Exactly.

Hope that helps.

David