[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk won't answer incoming analog line

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Fri Feb 11 22:52:06 MST 2005

I had to return my TDM11B because it put the PSTN line 'off hook' the moment I
plugged it in and wouldn't hang it up.

The new card seems to work because I can actually make an outgoing call from
the FXO port to my cell phone, so I'm pretty happy about that.

But Asterisk doesn't recognize incoming calls from the PSTN.  If I dial my
home phone from my cell phone asterisk does not even recognize the ring.

Below is (I think) the relevant config files.  My question is:  How do I make
asterisk recognize when the phone is ringing?

Thanks in advance

lane

;zaptel.conf
fxsks=4
fxoks=1
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
;

;zapata.conf

[channels]
language=en
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=bell
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
threewaycalling=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
signalling => fxo_ks
channel => 1
signalling => fxs_ks
channel => 4

; extensions.conf
[globals]
CONSOLE=Zap/1
TRUNK=Zap/4
TRUNKMSD=1

[trunklocal]
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,PlayBack(vm-dialout)
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,3,Congestion

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5