[Asterisk-Users] differentiating busy & not connected

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 11 18:52:25 MST 2005

Hi!

> How can I determine whether a sip device is busy (channel unavailable),
> or it is not registered/connected?

For the latter try "database show sip" or DBGet(...) respectively. Won't
work with RealTime in Head though, I assume. ;->

Busy: You can always employ CheckGroup() and the like, although that
gives you only the Asterisk view of things, not the SIP UAs point of
view. Maybe sipsak and a custom SIP message can help, but that's of
course outside of Asterisk.

Philipp