[Asterisk-Users] Debian way of compiling zaptel kernel modules

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri Feb 11 18:35:14 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 09:55:47AM -0800, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> I ran "apt-get -b source zaptel-source" to download and compile the zaptel
> source.
>
> It successfully compiles and builds the following packages:
>
> libtonezone-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb
> libtonezone1_1.0.2-2_i386.deb
> zaptel-source_1.0.2-2_all.deb
> zaptel_1.0.2-2_i386.deb
>
> None of them contain the kernel modules.

zaptel-source contains the modules packed nicely for building with the
debian kernel build system.

> Is there a way I can get it to compile the kernel modules?

apt-get install kernel-package

Do you build a custom kernel or use a standard Debian package?

The latter case is slightly more complicated, as you have to build the
modles package to mach the exact config of the target kernel. But quite
doable.

We build for a number of configs and for 2.4 and 2.6 on the same system
without even resorting to chroot tricks so far.

BTW: did I mention that we have binary packages for standard Debian
Sarge kernels in our apt source?

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's