[Asterisk-Users] Is there a Caller ID issue in the latest CVSStable

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Fri Feb 11 08:26:15 MST 2005

I'm confused about the part that you can check out a stable version
after 1.0.5.

IMHO if you check out what is tagged as 1.0.5 at any time then you
should get exactly what is in the 1.0.5 tarball. If you check out head
then you should get all of the latest stuff in CVS which may or may not
build cleanly (and may segfault or whatever). If you could check out
1.0.6-rc1 (release candidate 1) or something like that you would get
everything after 1.0.5 that may or may not build properly but is no
longer a moving target (features have been frozen).

It just doesn't make sense to me that there would be a 1.0.5 that has
changed since 1.0.5 was released unless you tag it 1.0.5.1 (or
something). I mean, why even bother trying to constantly maintain a new
stable version without having a formal release? 1.0.5 is what it is
with whatever bugs it came with upon release.

Obviously, just my opinion on "How things should work!". ;-)

-mark

Mark Eissler, mark at mixtur.com
Mixtur Interactive, Inc. - at - http://www.mixtur.com