[Asterisk-Users] Menu Selections Only Work Internally

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Feb 11 08:44:05 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 09:16 -0500, Philip Siegrist wrote:
> All,
>
> Funny problem. During my greating, the menu selections only work if
> one calls from an internal sip line.  The greating plays for all
> including calls over the t1. But pressing 9 for directory or any other
> mapped button will only work if I call from inside. If I arrive to the
> menu from an outside line SIP or POTS pressing the button does
> nothing. Any ideas?
>
> extensions.conf
>
> <--
> [MainMenu]
> exten=>s,1,Answer
> exten=>s,2,Wait(1)
> exten=>s,3,Background(main-menu)
> exten=>_3XX,1,Goto(sip,${EXTEN},1)
> exten=>0,1,Goto(sip,301,1)
>
> [sip]
> ;Main Number
> exten => 300,1,Goto(MainMenu,s,1)
> -->

It is hard to say without knowing what context your incoming calls are
getting dumped into. Usually your external and internal calls should be
dropped into different contexts and will include different contexts into
them. My guess is you need to rethink what you have done above. Most of
the time, Gotos are not needed unless you are working within a single
extension, or if you are transferring to a different context or a
different extension than was typed.