[Asterisk-Users] Weird Echo Problem

Martin Roy mroy at mac.com
Fri Feb 11 07:20:48 MST 2005

Ok I know I'm not the only one having echo problem with asterisk but the
weird thing is that when I receive a call from a PSTN line on my TDM04B
card I don't have any echo problem at the beginning of the call then
after a few minutes I start having echo on my side only (the person
calling from a regular phone doesn't have any echo), then it stop and
come back all the way until the call is finish. It does the same thing
on outgoing calls from my Cisco 7960 phone to the PSTN line. I have no
problem when it's an internal call from one 7960 to another one. I tried
a lot of different config in zapata.conf and the one that seems to work
the best for now is this one :

context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
echotraining=800
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0
txgain=0
immediate=no
busydetect=no
callprogress-no
musiconhold=default
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
group=1
channel => 1-8

Any suggestion why it start doing echo after 5 minutes or so?

Thanks

Martin