[Asterisk-Users] Newbie: ISDN E1 the same in all countries?

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Feb 11 06:11:02 MST 2005

Sverrir,

30 channel ISDN (generally known as primary rate ISDN, PRI) is a layer
that runs on top of E1, just as Internet Protocol can run over Ethernet.

I haven't personally worked with Telia PRIs, but have with many other
telcos throughout Europe, and they're all very similar with only minor
software configuration variations between them. I would be amazed if
Telia were any different. You should be pretty safe with this configuration.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/