[Asterisk-Users] Wireless LANs and Asterisk

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Feb 10 14:01:01 MST 2005

Hi,

My experience:
A handfull of concurrent calls, all works fine on 54mbit.
Dont try to go beyond that. Specially when your link is not
totally 100%. We tried to do 10 calls on a dedicated
Conceptronic AP and all fell down. even with the ulaw codec
it was not doable for normal conversations. Even disabling
web was not the answer, so we took the good old wires again.

And another concern: privacy.
As you know, WEP is not that strong. And as long as there is
no solid encrypted RTP stream everyone with a laptop is able
to monitor/record your calls.

just my 2 cents
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."