[Asterisk-Users] asterisk@home scary log (OT)

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Feb 10 13:05:38 MST 2005

Derek Whitten wrote:
> I also call bullshit.. OpenBSD does NOT allow ssh root login by
> default.. why do you think that they have such an excellent security
> track record..

Derek,

	I am sorry to say, that in fact, OpenBSD does allow SSH root logins by
default:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/src/usr.bin/ssh/sshd_config?rev=1.70&content-type=text/plain

BTW, OpenBSD's track record of security has nothing to do with whether
they allow root logins by default or not.  If the admin isn't wise
enough to pick a -decent- root password they shouldn't be running a box
connected to the internet.

I think people need to start to provide HARD FACTS in some of these posts.

I don't see what any of this has to do with Asterisk...

--
Kristian Kielhofner