[Asterisk-Users] General Inbound Calls

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 10 12:19:56 MST 2005

> > Beating my head against the wall with this one.
> >
> > I simply want to allow all sip calls from any providor to be accpeted
> > by asterisk. Can someone give me a sanity check on this?
>
> I thought that was what the insecure=very option in [general] was for
> in sip.conf.  Calls would fall into the context= specified in [general].

In the [general] section of sip.conf AND before you define your sip
clients, simply include something like
 context = any-sip
That context essentially replaces the 'default' context for all practical
purposes.

Then in the follow-on sip def's for each phone, include something like
 context = from-sip
for each entry.

Anonymous inbound sip attempts will be sent to the extensions.conf
context called any-sip, and an example of that might look like:
 [any-sip]
 exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/3008,20,tr)
 exten => s,2,Hangup

Lots of other ways to accomplish the same thing and some may have
advantages over others. Play around with them to see which you like best.