[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 and AutoAnswer.

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Feb 10 12:25:45 MST 2005

Richard Hamnett wrote:
> sub send_cisco_keys {
>   my @keys = ("test open", "test key spkr");
>   chomp;
>
>   my $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/> $/');
>   $t->open(CISCO_IP);
>   $t->cmd(CISCO_PASS);
>   $t->cmd("test open");
>   foreach(@keys) {
>     $t->cmd($_);
>     sleep 1;
>   }
>   $t->cmd("test close");
>
>   $t->close;
>   return 1;
>
> }

At first I thought you had gone completely 'loony' when you posted this,
but thinking about what you're doing, and how you likely use it, I
absolutely LOVE this.  You basically use this to make the Cisco
auto-answer work like the auto-answer on a Polycom (switched on or off
via dialplan and a single SetVar).  I really, really like this technique.

As for the OP, this works, only it auto-answers only the currently
ringing call.  My solution, which I will post on the wiki eventually,
works for ALL incoming calls to a particular 'line' on the Cisco.  I do
this because our old PBX did this for intra-PBX calls - either
auto-answer was on, or it was off for your extension.  I use another
'line' on the Cisco for non-intra-PBX calls that rings your desk instead
of auto-answering.