[Asterisk-Users] asterisk@home scary log

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 10 13:12:14 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 11:17 -0700, Colin Anderson wrote:
> >I hesitated before sending this, as I have been flamed before for being a
> beginner. but
> >I am newish to linux/asterisk, and I am running an ssh server. It is still
> running with default >settings, (I dont know yet how/where to change it),
> and I CAN logon remotely as root.
>

> Debian: Yes, root login by default:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-ssh/2004/08/msg00043.html

Thank you, I just confirmed what you and others say by checking the
package source.

Debian didn't even have a good reason for it either. Trying to get
obsolete users to upgrade. They deserve what they get.

I think there are too many people trying to make linux as vulnerable as
windows is. When they accomplish that, I'm sure we will all have to swap
to a BSD where they hopefully won't worry about users as much as
security.