[Asterisk-Users] Multiple SIP registrations for one account?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Feb 10 11:42:06 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:57:32 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming
<kpfleming at starnetworks.us> wrote:

> canreinvite=yes does not affect call accounting in any way.

Nope, but it does increase the chance that you can't get a voice stream
setup in both directions. Our tests have shown that keeping Asterisk in
the loop in a heterogeneous environment (with more combinations of SIP
UA's, proxies/firewalls with various combo's of NAT and SIP support,
etcetera than I care to list here) is quite a bit more reliable. That's
why we want to junk SER and run everything through Asterisk, but the
'multi-registration' thingie is a bit of a showstoppers.