[Asterisk-Users] Re: polycom soundpoint ip 300

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Feb 10 07:11:30 MST 2005

>I'm able to register sip friends with asterisk
>but i wish to use presence and instant messaging.
>asterisk sent back  "Proxy Authentication required
>407" when SUBSCRIBE is sent to asterisk.

I don't think you'll have much success.  I don't think asterisk can do
that.  As far as I know, asterisk does not do instant messaging.  You
can check on the feature list and with the developers, but I'm pretty
sure that's not possible.  See the wiki here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+presence+jtodd