[Asterisk-Users] Please share the experience on VoIP phones heavy using.

Jerry jjones at quiddesign.com
Wed Feb 9 21:01:27 MST 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 9:14 PM, Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Does someone can share the experience with Cisco and Polycom Phones?
>
> How rock solid are they? And who will win in sound quality contest?
>
> I heard that Cisco phones is a Polycom replicas with changed design.
> Is that true?
>
> What else phones is better to implement to the medium sized business?
> The rock solid stability and superb sound quality is a must.

Both have excellant sound. I think the Polycom speakerphone is a bit
better. We are using mostly Polycom these days and our customers love
them. My only issue is they do seem to have about a 10% failure rate
within 90 days. After that they are solid - so far. They are also less
expensive than the Cisco's and seem to have a better feature set and
better control of their configs and buttons. I do like the layer 2
troubleshooting capabilities of the Ciscos as the Polycom seem to have
no capabilities that I can find.

I do not think the Cisco is any kind of a Polycom copy.