[Asterisk-Users] Re: Analogue Line to Asterisk (Which Digium Model???)

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:52:03 MST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:59:44 -0500, Noah Miller <noah at rosecompanies.com> wrote:
> Hi Walid -
>
> > I need to use Asterisk to call out PSTN numbers via an analogue line. I
> > understand Digium manufactures these kinds of cards, but can someone
> > tell me
> > which model number it is. I really only need a card with one or 2
> > analogue
> > ports max.
>
> You'd be looking for the TDM400P.  You can get it in various
> configurations of FXO ports (to the phone company) and FXS ports (to
> your phone handsets).  You might want the TDM11B (one FXS and one FXO),
> or the TDM02B (2 FXO's), or just the TDM01B (one FXO).
>
> - Noah

Yeah, and a good thing about the TDM card is, say you get the TDM01B
and then later on down the road, you want to add another FXO or FXS,
you can buy just the module and add it to that card. You can have up
to four in total.

I was considering getting a X100P, but ManxPower (that's his alias on
IRC, I think his name is Eric) recommended the TDM card and I totally
don't regret it.
--
Dana