[Asterisk-Users] IAX Voice Quality Issues

Brian Dingman bdingman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:30:39 MST 2005

I am running * 1.0.5 and have been having lots of problems with
outgoing calls and their sound quality. I am using ULAW for the codec
and sixtel for termination. Basically the problem is that portions of
the call seem to be lost and replaced with silence. Sometimes I can't
hear the person talking othertimes they can't hear me. This situation
comes and goes throughout the call. Bandwidth isn't an issue as I have
a 3MB/1MB connection and there is at most 2 concurrent connections.
Also using pingplotter to monitor iax2.sixtel.net shows little or no
packetloss.

Just as further info, I am using a SPA-2000 to connect to * with G711u
as the preferred codec.

Anyone else experience the like or have any suggestions on what may be
causing this or ideas on how to debug?

Brian