[Asterisk-Users] SER Interaction: Agents and Extensions

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Wed Feb 9 10:02:29 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Matthew Boehm wrote:
>

>>>I'm still not sure how to provide services that interact one phone with
>>>another phone's RTP stream. Like call pickup. How can I pickup a call on
>>>another asterisk server? Hmm Hmmmmmmmmm
>>>

>>Aw crap. I completly forgot about call pickup. Good point. If you have a
>>call come into one of your many asterisk boxes that rings ext 101, how can
>>you at ext 102 pickup that call if going SER->Asterisk? Yes, you can forward
>>the *8 to asterisk, but who knows which asterisk box will get that *8?
>>

>Perhaps the app_intercept patch would work better? It is a lot less of a
>kludge and more flexible than the *8 that is in Asterisk.

Oh right.. I remember seeing that.. yeah that looked a whole lot more
elegant than *8. Why isn't it in HEAD?
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0002692
This app is an external verison of what *8 does for
Zap channels.

set a var called INTERCEPT_TAG before you dial somewhere
and another channel can execute Intercept(xyz) to take
the unanswered call.

[Synopsis]:
Intercept an unaswered Call.

[Description]:
Intercept([<Channel Name>|<varmatch>|auto])

Intercept an unanswered channel:
 A) who's name begins with <Channel Name>
 B) Containing the variable INTERCEPT_TAG matching <varmatch>
 C) The first encountered unanswered channel if 'auto' was specified.

Nice..