[Asterisk-Users] SER Interaction: Agents and Extensions

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Wed Feb 9 09:34:05 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

>>I'm still not sure how to provide services that interact one phone with
>>another phone's RTP stream. Like call pickup. How can I pickup a call on
>>another asterisk server? Hmm Hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>-Brett
>>

>Aw crap. I completly forgot about call pickup. Good point. If you have a
>call come into one of your many asterisk boxes that rings ext 101, how can
>you at ext 102 pickup that call if going SER->Asterisk? Yes, you can forward
>the *8 to asterisk, but who knows which asterisk box will get that *8?
>
>-Matthew

Actually, I'm thinking we can do that too.. But I need to test this in a
lab.. So *8 gets registered to an extension in a particular context
right? So SER sends the call (the *8 call) to the appropriate server
(hmm how do we determine this...) and it hits a particular sip
registration that maps it to a context that has access to that *8 (and
callgroup for that matter). The trick is knowing what server to send
that *8 sequence to.. perhaps we can use a DB to indicate where ringing
channels are occuring for which callgroups.. look at the one with the
latest timestamp and send the call there.. Of course, this would require
either a manager interface server or a dialplan app that could access
what callgroups a call is a member of.. Problem with that is we don't
know until the call is passed to the channel. Perhaps if we populated
(manually) the callgroup to the db, it would work.. hmm. This will have
to be a test in my lab. I wish there was a way to query the callgroups a
channel belongs to.
-Brett