[Asterisk-Users] How to number extensions - Which way is best?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Feb 9 08:55:47 MST 2005

Michael Welter wrote:

> I'm disappointed you didn't include Mountain Bell in the linage ;-)

Sorry, didn't go back that far... brain gets fuzzy back then <G>

> In a step-by-step or #5 crossbar office, the "1" would move your call to
> a tandem office where the LD trunk selection would be made.

You mean the "access tandem" using today's terminology, since they
didn't have "local tandem" back then, seeing as there was only one LEC
in the game!

> Am I dating myself?

If you are, make sure the dinner and movie are really good before you
decide to "put out" <G>