[Asterisk-Users] Problem using TDM400P FXS card

cereal killer kellogs_killah at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 9 07:43:38 MST 2005

> After having spent several time to look for any
> solution for my problem, I decided to write here.
>
> Here is the problem got a Digium X101 FXO card and
> Digium TDM400P alias freshmaker (1 fxs module on it
on
> first port ) in my asterisk box. The X101 works
> perfectly.
> The problem comes from the TDM400, when i plug a
> tested working phone on it , i get no dialtone; the
> goal is to connect a few old non-ip phones to the
PBX.

> The modules zaptel and wctdm compiled and are loaded
> successfully. Here are some infos :
> debian linux
> asterisk 1.0.5
> cvs zaptel
>
> zaptel.conf
> fxoks=2 ; the x101 card uses channel 1 with fxsks=1
> loadzone=fr
> default zone = fr

> Your /etc/zaptel.conf file should have
> fxoks=1		; for the tdm card with a fxs  > module for
telephone use
> fxsks=2		; for the x100p card connected > to a pstn
line

> You might have to reverse the "1" and "2" in the
above depending upon
> whether the x100p card or the tdm card is
discovered/listed first.

> Then do a "ztcfg -vvvv" to see what's registered,
etc.

> when i do a ztcfg it succesfully says me "registered
> zone 2"
> But i cant see the phone in the zttool
>
> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
> [channels]
> language=fr
> context=default
> signalling=fxo_ks
> echocancel=yes
> group= 1
> busydetect=yes
> channel => 2
>
> Asterisk loads succesfully; and a "zap show
channels"
> tells me :
> pseudo            cartezap        fr
>       2            cartezap        fr
>
> But the problem is : i still dont have any dialtone
on
> the phone. Anyone has an idea ?

I decided to take another approach to se if it s not
my  card that is faulty ;  removed the X101 card ,
only let the TDM , I put the FXS module on another
port (maybe the first is bad).
Here are the infos :

/etc/zaptel.conf
fxoks=2
loadzone = fr
defaultzone=fr

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=fr
context=cartezap   ; context with a few extensions
signalling=fxo_ks
echocancel=yes
busydetect=yes
channel => 2

ztcfg -vvv gives me :
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
1 channels configured.

in CLI of asterisk : zap show channels :
Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            cartezap        fr
      2            cartezap        fr

The problem is i have still no diatone on the phone (
i m sure it works tested different ways)
Any other Idea ?

Thx in advance
Nicolas