[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Compile Problem on Red Hat 9

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Wed Feb 9 07:37:08 MST 2005

> I get the following error when trying to compile asterisk 1.05 on red
> hat 9.

Is this the tarball available for download from the asterisk website?
You might try CVS instead - try the CVS HEAD release:

# cd /usr/src
# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
# cvs login           - the password is anoncvs.

# cvs checkout zaptel libpri asterisk

Or, if that doesn't do it, you can try CVS Stable

# cvs checkout -r v1-0 zaptel libpri asterisk asterisk-addons
asterisk-sounds

When you compile, make sure you do a "make clean", first, then "make
install"

If neither of these works, I might suggest trying a different OS - Red
Hat 9 is no longer updated.  If you're attached to red hat, you might
try Tao Linux or Whitebox Linux - both are essentially Red Hat
Enterprise, but they are free and both provide updates (security and
otherwise).

> -DASTMODDIR=\"/usr/lib/asterisk/modules\"
> -DASTAGIDIR=\"/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin\"
>
>    -DBUSYDETECT_MARTIN      `ls *.c`
>
> : invalid option
>
> Usage:  /bin/sh [GNU long option] [option] ...

> *** You don't have mpg123 installed. You're going to need ***
>
> ***       it if you want MusicOnHold                      ***

BTW:  You can get mpg123 here:

http://www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~hippm/mpg123.html

Download the 0.59r version.