[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as VoIP gateway

timebandit001 at gmail.com timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 06:08:50 MST 2005

> I want to interconnect 2 pbx switches from to distinct location via an
> internet vpn using asterisk as VoiP gateways.
> The problem is what interfaces i must use between asterisk servers and pbx
> switch (FXO or FXS), and why?
You must use FXS ports on *, then plug these in you PBX as phone
lines. Then you can route calls thru thoses "lines"

To your PBX, it will be just more lines available

FXO (Foreign eXchange Office) is for connecting phone lines
FXS (Foreign eXchance Station) is for connecting phones

I hope I have the right terms in the definition, I just woke up and
didn't finish my first coffee

hth