[Asterisk-Users] Bug? Background() doesn't recognize D tone.

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Tue Feb 8 13:05:10 MST 2005

Sorry to keep responding to myself, but I figured it out.  Background uses
AST_DIGIT_ANY as a list of digits to look for.

In /usr/src/asterisk/include/asterisk/file.h, we find this line:
#define AST_DIGIT_ANY "0123456789#*"

Changing it to

#define AST_DIGIT_ANY "0123456789#*ABCD"

gave me the behavior I expected.  I suppose, technically, A, B, C, and D are
not digits...but then, neither are # and *. ;)