[Asterisk-Users] Re: high-quality, high-bandwidth codecs?

dorian logan dorian at bright-talk.com
Tue Feb 8 12:42:19 MST 2005

Hi,

   Regarding these high bandwidth CODECs - is it possible to upgrade
asterisk to record at a higher quality bit rate too - is Asterisk based
on a 8Khz system. We would like to stream calls from SIP phones to the
internet at a higher quality than a standard phone, also it would be
great to build an audio experience that sounds as good as Skype.

   At the moment my VoIP system is considered to offer a lower quality
call experience than a standard phone ( I am sure it is my equipment
and configs that is the culprit) - I would love to demonstrate what is
possible with audio > 8khz

D.