[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold is a durge

Mark Benson mark.benson at iqit.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 09:09:34 MST 2005

I have just setup music on hold by downloading and installing mpg123 r

Now I have music on hold but it sounds terrible - clipping, buzzing,
digital distortion, and its too loud (which probably isn't helping) and
I'm just running it thru the 'default' line in music onhold.conf line
default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3, with the default mp3s.

This is a standard 1.0.3 box, running headless (no x desktop) on FC2. On
a P4 2.4GHz

Any ideas?