[Asterisk-Users] warning message

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Tue Feb 8 07:33:27 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
Good day all.I get the warning message on my system,this is for a snom
220,it repeats this message a few times,please help Feb  8 09:29:26
WARNING[1093445952]: chan_sip.c:683 retrans_pkt: Maximum retries
exceeded on call 3c26700e851d-o89o0g5h8ask at 192-168-000-150 for seqno 105
(Non-critical Request) Is there a page that describes all asterisk's
error and warning messages?

Thanks

Altus

/SNIP/

This message typically represents a NAT Issue, where in the SIP
Client(SNOM 220) and Asterisk(Server) are not able to recognize each
other's IPs to transmit packets successfully during the initial
handshake.

Using a STUN Server in the SNOM configuration would solve the problem
and establish the call.

I guess you are using DHCP on your network and the SNOM gets the IP from
the Router in the Local Address ranges like 192.168.1.X or some such NAT
IP. This Address being not a Public IP Address, you need to enable
Network Address Translation with a Port Mapping for your Local IP

Seshu Kanuri