[Asterisk-Users] Q: ISDN / E1-PRI - fax problems - Receiving and setting of Service Indicator (SIN) / Bearer Capability (BC) / High Level Compatibility (HLC) / Low Level Compatibility (LLC)

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Tue Feb 8 06:04:42 MST 2005

hi,

i have the problem that i'm not able to set and receive the Service
Indication (SIN) from our E1-PRI and from our ericsson BP250.

The problem is, that the Bearer Capability (BC) together with the High
Level Compatibility (HLC) and Low Level Compatibility (LLC) forms the
Service Indicator (SIN).
The SIN is used to determine if the call is voice, fax or data. It's
essential to set the SIN so the called party is able which device has to
answer a call (e.g. telephone or fax)

as far as i dug into the source neither the BC nor the HLC or LLC data
is forwarded to a dialplan variable and only the BC is decoded in libpri.

has anyone a solution for this?

is there any usable documentation on the HLC or LLC octets (bytes)?
i searched etsi and was overwhelmed with the searchresults (1531). what
i need to modify libpri would be a table of possible values and where to
find the HLC and LLC fields in the D-Channel.

regards
  frank