[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel down after upgrade.

Régis MARTIN tornad-asterisk at tornad.net
Tue Feb 8 03:14:39 MST 2005

Ok,

When I tried newer version of zaptel, libpri, asterisk, it didn't work. My
spans get down and RED. Then, I tried to go back to previous version. No
way.

Now, my E1 are up again, thanks for all your advice.
I don't know which one solve my problem, so, here's what I've done.

To get back to my previous version, in order :
- I reboot to clean up zaptel device loaded in memory
- I delete /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/* to remove asterisk modules that have
been installed with the newer version and which is not supported by the
older.
- I reinstall all old library in this order : zaptel, libpri, and then
asterisk

I reboot again, but my 4 E1 were still RED.

Then, I called my E1 supplier and ask them what they seen.
My E1 was locked in their side. Too much alarm....
They unlock and reinitialise them.

Now, it's ok again.

Thanks again, I learned lot of things during this problem.

Regis