[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 93

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Mon Feb 7 12:58:54 MST 2005

>Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:22:07 -0800
>From: George Pajari <George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca>
>Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Remote MWI via IAX?
>	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
>We have a couple of Asterisk boxes with one being the main system with
>everyone's voicemail and the other a slave used merely to link a couple of
>remote phones to the main system using IAX.
>
>How can one propagate message waiting indication from the main system to
>the remote phones?
>
>g.

I have this same problem and after asking around for awhile I ended writing
a TCL script that connected to the remote asterisk server using the Manager
API and watching for voicemail. When it catches one it just creates a blank
file called MSG0001.txt (I think that's it, but I'm not in front of the
machine right now) on the local asterisk box in the appropriate
/var/spool/asterisk directory. When the user checks the mail it removes it.

Works pretty well.

Email me if you want a copy of what I've got.

~c